If you still have your grandparents in your life, consider yourself very lucky.
All it takes is one or two brief interactions to realize that even though grandparents have a few more miles on their odometers, they’re still as fun to be around as younger generations. In fact, thanks to their life experiences, they tend to be a lot cleverer than we are! Here are 20 pieces of evidence that prove the elderly are just as incredible as ever.
1. “Went to visit my grandparents and found they framed a selfie I took.”
2. They’re always looking for a new reason to laugh.
3. “My grandfather noticed some wilted plants at Walmart, grabbed a hose, and started watering them. (He is not an employee.)”
4. Grandma appreciates a good outfit.
5. Never too old to be a ladies’ man!
6. “My granddad has a hat for each university his grandchildren attended, and today I got to give him mine.”
7. They make the best dates.
8. They’re full of surprises.
9. “My grandpa just got a new dog and had his caregiver take pictures of him to send to me.”
10. They can be hilariously blunt.
11. “My grandma is in the hospital, but it’s their 57th anniversary, so he showed up in a tux to surprise her with flowers.”
12. They love a good pun (and matching T-shirts).
13. They’ve got great priorities.
14. They take their grandchildren seriously.
15. Giving to strangers is just a way of life.
16. “Grandpa got a cochlear implant tattoo to be just like his grandson.”
17. They appreciate talent when they see it.
18. They still do things the “old school” way.
19. They go out of their way to be kind to their neighbors.
20. They know how to show gratitude!
These older folks have still got it! Share this story to make someone smile today!