Siblings exist for a very special purpose. After all, who else could fill the simultaneous role of best friend mortal enemy?
Nobody can make us both laugh and rage quite as well as our brothers and sisters. But without their bizarre antics always keeping us on our toes, life wouldn’t be half as fun, as evidenced by the hilarious kiddos below.
1. “Exactly 27 years ago, my mom took the perfect picture of me and my sister. Some things never change.”
2. “My daughter’s reaction when holding her new baby sister. Much heavier than the dolls she practiced on.”
3. “Son improvises without fishing gear, yanks carp outta lake, shocks both fish and sister.”
4. “My sisters and I went through a ‘Sound of Music’ phase when we were younger. Yes those are our underpants.”
5. “My mom and her sisters. They were told not to blink.”
6. “This is how my 2.5 year old niece insists on holding her new baby brother.”
7. Sibling rivalry doesn’t apply to humans.
8. “My brothers and I back in the sweet sweet 90s.”
9. “Here’s my brother with his hockey trophy and medal, and then there’s me…proudly showing off my onion ring.”
10. “Halloween 1989. That’s me on the right. My sister is behind me and about to have a really bad day.”
11. “Found this picture of my sister and I. She was probably about two weeks old in this picture. Right about the time I realized that we were keeping her and I was no longer an only child.”
12. “My oldest brother and I have such similar looking faces that even with our faces swapped, we still look the same.”
13. “Just found this cute picture of me and my cousin, and my psycho brother in the background.”
14. “My brother and I thought we were so cool in the outfits Grandma made us.”
15. Looking at these adorably guilty faces, you’d think they really did rob a bank!
16. “For Christmas one year my mom made my brother and I outfits from the drapes that came with our beautiful couch.”
17. “Ah, the 90’s when our mom tortured us for the sake of her photo album.”
18. “A real life bowl cut, and an infant growing out of my lap.”
19. Maroon 5. My mother must have ransacked the Sears catalog to purchase these Sears Tuff Skins maroon denim outfits (with white top-stitching) for all five of us kids… we were mistaken for – on multiple occasions – either a gospel group or a country music band.
20. “I never truly understood what it’s like to grow up with siblings until I found this gem of a photo in my wife’s family album.”
21. “I REALLY didn’t want to hold them.”
22. She’s also thrilled to meet her baby brother. Absolutely thrilled.
23. “This is an attempt at a lovely family picture for our church’s registry. I may or may not have pinched my sister mid photo shoot.”
24. Did you know that weirdness is a genetic trait?
25. “In the 90’s when mum let me wear crop tops and dress my brother as the sister I wanted.”
How these siblings feel about each other may change from day to day, but through all the strange and giggle-worthy antics, one things for sure — they’ll always be lifelong pals.
Be sure to share this story with your own brothers or sisters to give them a laugh.