The holidays are a season for gratitude and giving. It’s when we stop and reflect on all the blessings in our lives. And in honor of this gratitude, we give to others and share our blessings.
That’s why the holidays are the most wonderful time of the year! Even though it’s technically the darkest time of the year, it’s a time where people’s hearts shine brightest. This is because we stop to see how we can make someone else’s life a little brighter.
While we’re always hearing things about “restoring our faith in humanity,” this restoration is just an illusion. Love and kindness are all around us if you look in the right places and tune into it. Humans are actually really good at it. So, grab some tissues and prepare to have your heart filled with tales of loving holiday kindness.
Here are 50 heartwarming holiday stories of kindness:
1) Wrong Text Thanksgiving Dinner
From accidental text…to tradition.
Wanda and Jamal celebrated their FOURTH Thanksgiving together today after she mistakenly texted him in 2016 thinking she'd texted her grandson. Now, they've been part of amazing changes in each other's lives ever sincehttps://t.co/BtQKiTubro pic.twitter.com/pU2bLP08vn
— Briana Whitney (@BrianaWhitney) November 29, 2019
2) Salvation Army Wins The Lottery
3) Thanksgiving Dinner on the Subway
4) Operation Santa Claus
5) Hanukkah at a Concentration Camp
6) Santa Knows Sign Language
American Sign Language was a big Surprise to some of Santa's Friends… Time With Santa
Posted by Regency Mall Santa's House on Thursday, November 24, 2016
7) A Charlie Brown Christmas For the True Meaning of Christmas
IMDb Source: IMDb
8) Flashmob Brings Joy To Mom Battling Cancer
9) Mall Helps Surprise Boy With Solider Mom
10) The Layaway Angel
11) A Final Christmas Wish
12) No One Eats Alone on Christmas
13) Gift Wrapping Extravaganza
14) Hospital Cafeteria Worker Buys 1,00o Christmas Presents for Hospital Children Each Year
“God put in my heart that I should do something for the children, so what came up was I decided to buy toys,” Tenyani told ABC News.
15) Secret Santa Pays School Lunch Tabs
16) Airline Throws Party For Residents of Town Devastated By Fire
17) A New Roof For Christmas
18) Santa’s “Elves” Deliver Christmas Pets
19) Food For Fines
20) Mack Truck Toy Donation
21) Community Helps Widow Decorate
The local high school assistant football coach rounded up four or five members of the football team to decorate so Hallisey wouldn’t have to lift a finger. Other community member brought by coffee, cocoa, doughnuts, and even hand warmers for the family and those who were volunteering. Hallisey said the gesture of love and kindness really help to instill some Christmas spirit in her.
22) Rugby Team Goes Topless For Charity
23) Best Buy Employees Buy Wii U For Teen
24) Be a Santa To a Senior
25) Donations Raised For Needy Family After Initial Donation Stolen
26) No Tickets During The Holidays
27) Teen Creates Christmas Display for Make-A-Wish
Jordan Maywald Source: Jordan Maywald
28) So Military Families Would Know They Aren’t Alone
29) Police Saves Family Burglarized By Christmas Grinch
30) Snoop Dogg Delivers Turkeys on Thanksgiving
Snoop Dogg Source: Snoop Dogg
31) Grocer Give Employees Stock in Company For Christmas
32) Christmas to Unite a Nation
33) Origins of Toys for Tots
34) Reddit Users Save Christmas For One Family
35) Baby in a Manger
36) The Christmas Truce of 1914
German Lieutenant Kurt Zehmisch was quoted as saying: “How marvelously wonderful, yet how strange it was. The English officers felt the same way about it. Thus Christmas, the celebration of Love, managed to bring mortal enemies together as friends for a time.”
37) Woman Uses Couponing to Give Back to Church Who Helped Her
38) Puppies Rescued on Christmas
The pups were brought to Deanna Jarvis at Noah’s Hope Animal Rescue. Jarvis was in the middle of a family Christmas celebration when she nursed the pup who was stinking from a puss-filled infection. She brought him to Siouxland Animal Hospital on Christmas Day. Nicholas survived thanks to Jarvis’ loving care. While his siblings were quickly adopted, Jarvis spent the next year helping Nicholas heal. He was eventually adopted to a family who had just lost their dog the following Christmas.
39) Business Man Mends Police Community Relationships With Money
40) Woman Helps Pair People With Families For the Holidays
She got dozens of responses from parents who offered their company for free. She also got lots of responses from young people who told her they felt the same way. Jackie then held a meeting to help set up all the people who wanted a family with families who wanted to help those without. She made six matches, as well as one for herself.
Source: CBS Sunday Morning
41) Coffee Shop Rallies Community For Burglarized Businesses
They also put up a tree with gifts allowing people to take or drop off a gift. In addition to helping the affected businesses, the coffee shop wanted a way to bring the community together. And it did just that. Many people stopped by to donate money and gifts and even helped decorate the coffee shop. Co-owner Salvador Sanchez said it helped them to “feel a sense of family all over again.”
42) Man Buys Christmas Trees For Needy Families
He learned that a Christmas tree was frivolous for some families and that some would forgo a tree opting to draw one on paper and hang it in their house. Rose then bought 40 more trees to give away. Good Samaritan Ann Posont saw his ad and offered to donate ornaments and tree trimmings to go with his 40 free trees.
43) Vet Who Saves Cancer Patient’s Dog
44) Goodies For Mail Delivery Elves
45) Reddit0r Pie Swap
46) Free Mince Pies and Hugs On Christmas
47) Students Give Presents to Teacher Who Spends Christmas Alone
so we all got together to surprise our professor who usually spends christmas alone. it really is the little things. ❤️🎄 pic.twitter.com/Iqouv8loc5
— nina (@belindaramirezz) December 13, 2018
48) Father Shows Kindness to Boy Who Stole His Son’s Bike
49) Santa Poses With Stuffed Bear For Grieving Mom
50) Officer Gives a Christmas Surprise to Single Mother In Need
Sgt. Evan Love told the mother that he would rip up the ticket if she got her plates renewed within the week. Love then showed up to Nierman’s place of work with his family with a $300 gift card so that she could afford a nice Christmas for her family.
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.