Being a millennial has both benefits and drawbacks. We hear all about the downfalls these days: a terrible job market, a bad housing market, and Baby Boomers thinking we’re all still teenagers.
But guess what? Millennials are growing up quickly. In fact, the most widely-accepted estimates put the end of the millennial generation in 1996. That means the very youngest millennials are approaching their mid-20s. Meanwhile, the older side of the generation is getting close to 40.
We’re not kids anymore. We might’ve come of age with the internet but we still remember what life was like before it. The millennial generation recalls things from the 1990s and early 2000s. And man was that a different time.
They say the passage of time speeds up as you grow older. Millennials are experiencing that in full force. Gen Z is getting older, too. Now, millennials are realizing for the first time just how different they are from today’s teens.
The kids of today don’t know how VCRs work or remember when the Backstreet Boys were young and attractive. They’ve never lived in a world that didn’t have the Sims and 9/11 is a historical event for them. Wow, they make us feel old.
1. This is what NSYNC looks like today
2. Kids these days don’t know why you “hang up” the phone
3. They don’t teach cursive in school anymore
4. For some people, Justin Bieber is their childhood music
5. Mara Wilson is in her 30s
6. Excuse me?
7. This is what Nickelodeon Studios look like now
8. Nelly plays on the Oldies station
9. Drew Carey has hosted “The Price is Right” for more than a decade
10. 2030 is closer than 2000
11. People don’t know these songs by Avril Lavigne
12. The art of burning CDs is dead
13. Kids these days don’t know what the “save” icon is
14. IT’S NOT A TV
15. Nope, don’t like that
16. Please tell me you’re joking
17. Once upon a time, phones were just phones
18. History repeats itself
19. Oh my word
20. This generation has never seen a manual window crank
21. Kids these days have never heard of Napster
22. It took forever and it screamed the whole time
23. The response was “It’s to hide weed”
24. Wait, how do kids sharpen pencils these days?
25. You and me both, kid
26. Wait, what?
27. Kenan and Kel are in their 40s
28. The Lion King came out 25 years ago
29. “SpongeBob Squarepants” is so old that it airs on Nick at Night
30. Blink-182 is considered classic rock
31. Kids have no freakin’ clue what this is
32. …or this
33. People don’t know what a pound sign is
34. This is how elementary schoolers learn about 9/11
35. Kids don’t know what these are
36. An 18-year-old didn’t know what this was
37. This is how kids learn about Crocodile Hunter
38. The Rugrats would be in their 30s
39. PlayStation is a quarter of a century old
40. That song you danced to in middle school is old enough to be in middle school
42. I’m dying inside
43. Kids today don’t know what a dial tone is
44. These stump kids
45. Some people don’t know who this giant of children’s TV is
46. Will Smith is looking more like Uncle Phil these days
47. Today’s kids don’t remember Beyoncé as anything but a solo artist
48. The Sims is legally an adult
49. These legendary teen stars are all in their 30s
50. The Motorola RAZR is in a museum
51. They don’t know the struggle of T9
52. “Boy band” doesn’t refer exclusively to NSYNC and the Backstreet Boys
53. This was the Nickelodeon schedule when the class of 2019 was born
54. “Family Guy” is older than high school seniors
55. iPods are the same age as them
56. Disney stopped making these VHS tapes 13 years ago
57. The cast of the first Harry Potter movie was announced almost 20 years ago
58. Hit Me Baby One More Time is four years from being eligible for the Rock n’ Roll Hall of Fame
59. The last Harry Potter book came out 12 years ago
60. They weren’t
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.